Queen Of Sorrow
Lend Me Your Hand
So That I Can Turn Callouses Into Kisses
And Your Fingertips Into A Compass:
So That I Never Lose Track.
Let The Trees Hear Your Voice
In The Hopes That The Melodies You Chant Never Go Unnoticed
By The Morning Birds Who May Have Lost Their Courage.
Let Your Shoulders Rise
And Your Burdens Fall
Into My Palms
Like A Hammock,
Letting Them Go Slowly And Surely.
And Let The Tears You Shed For Everyone Remind Us
That You’ve Been Here Before
And That You Deserve More
Than The Monotony Of Just Another Day.
An Intimate Haiku About…
Protecting Its Own Sweetness.
She Spoke In Black Tongues
With French Kisses Traced In Guilt;
Knowing She’d Been Caught.
More Often Than Not
Her Touch Was A Reminder
That Love Runs Through Veins
When We Got Distant,
I’d Always Kiss Her Forehead,
To Lure Our Past Home.
Sinner’s Redemption (Poem)
- Immerse Yourself In Your Wisdom And The Very Beginnings
- That Left You Naked And Only Hungry For Recognition
- Back In The Day, The Only Goal Was To Get Away
- Stacking The Bricks Of Confidence So You Could Build A Name
- Now Let Us Take It Back
- Get Married To Nostalgia
- How We Would Shape The Clouds In The Sky For Several Hours
- Before The Storms Came
- Even In Pouring Rain
- We Had Learned To Live Without Doubt And Free Of Pain
- And Even Though Our Lives Have Changes
- I Can Still Smell The Subtle Way Your Breath Would Trace My Name
- Destined For Everything That Made Us Feel So Alive
- That Made Us Feel Like A Night Full Of Sex, Liquor, And Lines
- That Made Us Feel Like The Sinning Was Worth All Of The Time
- That We Spent Tryna Find An Honest Way To The Top
- It’s Too Bad We Had To Stop
- Cause I Was Just Starting To Get My Mind Blown
- Now I Navigate Through This World Alone…
Never Let It Go…..
A Kodak Moment | Silent Vows
- Sometimes I Pretend That The Camera You’re Looking Into Is A Tunnel Directly Into My Eyes And That You Can Sense That I’m Looking At You Too, No Matter How Far Away You Are From This Portrait Of History.
- I Was A Project When You Found Me. A Kid In A Darkroom Still Working On His Identity, Searching For The Capacity To Love In A World That’s So Past Love, It Hurts Not To Hate.
- I Catch Myself From Time To Time Looking At Photos Of You With An Imaginary Caption That Reads “This Is How Your Mother Looked Before You Were Born And A Reminder Of Why I Fell In Love With Her”
- “Fighting Emotions” Or “Where Do I Walk This Conundrum That Rests On The Corner Of ‘Indifference Drive’ And ‘Commitment Lane’”. I Think Now We Can Appreciate The Messiness Of Those Albums.
- This Is Far Less Than The 1000 Word Limit Required For This Photo To Reach Its Full Worth, But I Hope That As Our Film Continues To Develop, Our Story Can Be Told Not By The Present Of Our Presence, But By The Snapshots We Vault Into The Future.
D E P A R T U R E
I’m a pretty adept at handling initial contact though only when I’m not the aggressor.
I can certainly hold my own in a conversation as long as we skip the small talk.
I’m just awkward enough to make you feel comfortable shedding that first layer of awkwardness.
If for some reason you’ve made it far enough to tolerate me, I can be of great use to the part of your conscience that requires laughter.
Though there always comes a time when I step away mentally because I’ve gotten too comfortable.
And you assess me with a look that I won’t see coming and won’t ever know existed.
It is during that space in time that I fail miserably and begin to lose whatever ownership I had over us being a team.
It almost always starts in the eyes.
And you’re almost never content with what you see.
The reflection of your future doesn’t involve me.